Wednesday 11 March 2015

Bone-shakingly awesome crowdfunding people...

I see thousands of crowdfunding projects each week - like a community version of Tinder I flip through them judging instantly on their vids, their descriptions, if they're relevant to me... and it takes a special type of project to pique my interest, and and even more special one to get a pledge out of me.

But this week... well, it's only Wednesday and I'm all bone-tremblingly passionate about a few already. I seriously have crowdfunding related issues, my heart rate goes up, my knees knock and I babble with unrepressed excitement about plans, opportunities, what they can do and what they will achieve if they do it right. Crowdfunding - it's a health hazard.

This week - a previous jelly-leg-making project wrote a blog piece for me on Crowdfunder, Ben McCabe from Output Magazine wrote about the heart and soul of the business that had 24 hours to survive. Survival not just for the mag, but to save the jobs of four people, real people, with homes, families, insurances, cars, phone bills... they funded within 24 hours. The bank said no to them, but the crowd, oh the crowd said yes. The crowd are a wise bunch...

Even Ben himself said he never dared dream he would still be sat at his desk the following Monday, what better passion behind a crowdfunding campaign, than that of for your own livelihood? It's so inspiring, their project was special before they even launched - check it. 

I've just got off the phone to a guy "up London way" who has a brilliant campaign to launch in the next few weeks, I feel privileged that I'm involved at this stage, it's a beauty... more on that one to come. But I'm still fizzing and he rang off an hour ago now. Gotta thank the bods over at LinkedIn Europe for that sweet recommendation (you know who you are!)

Finally - there is this crew of people in Scotland that have just raised a staggering £43k to launch an indoor climbing place. I mean - how awesome is that? Oh yeah... we've got an idea, we are gonna crowdfund it, boom, it's crowdfunded. (it's obviously a little more complicated than that with a mega-ton of hard work thrown in).

So today, I'm dedicating my post to the Three Wise Monkeys - because, they are proof that when you monkey around with crowdfunding... it can pay off in a big way.

No comments:

Post a Comment